The yellow Trouble indicator is on and my keypad is beeping. What do I do?
When a trouble condition is detected in your security system, the yellow trouble indicator will come on and the keypad will beep every 10 seconds. To stop the beeping, simply press the [#] key. To see what the cause of the trouble is, press [*]  and one or more lights or numbers will appear on the keypad.
- Indicates that there is a low battery or that service is required.
- Indicates that the AC power is turned off.
- Indicates that the telephone line is out of service.
- Indicates that the system could not communicate with the central station. This may be related to Trouble 3.
- Indicates a problem with a wireless sensor.
- Indicates a wireless device tamper switch is open (a cover is open).
- Indicates a wireless device has a low battery.
- Indicates that the system needs to have the Time & Date reset.
How do I change the time & date on my keypad?
To set the system time, enter [*] followed by your four–digit Master Code. Press .
The keypad will now accept 10 consecutive digits:
Enter the Time in Hours and Minutes using the 24–hour format (00:00 to 23:59)
Enter the Date in Months, Days and Years (MM:DD:YY)
I think that my security system may need maintenance. What steps do I need to take?
Simply contact us by phone or by email. We will make an appointment for service at your earliest convenience.
How do I get a discount on my homeowners insurance now that I have had a security system installed?
Once we have placed your security system online, we will send a certificate to your insurance company indicating that your security system is being actively monitored. We will ask for your insurance information when we visit to put your service online. Otherwise, you can simply contact us with the name of your insurance company, the agent‘s name and fax number. We will take care of it from there.
What are the options for monitoring my security system if I discontinue my landline telephone service?
In addition to monitoring your security system over a landline, we also offer monitoring with cellular communicators. This option requires additional equipment to properly monitor your system. You can learn more about the advantages of different communication services by going to the website of our professional organization, the Electronic Security Association, http://www.alarm.org/HomeSafety/AlarmSystems/DoIStillNeedMyPhoneLine.aspx.
I live in Fayetteville. How do I register my security system with the Fayetteville Police Department?
You can register your system by telephone, (877)575–0933, mail or online with the Fayetteville False Alarm Reduction Program. The program is administered by CryWolf, a national organization. We will provide you with information when your security system is put online. You can also access information from the City of Fayetteville by clicking here.
Can I change the frequency of my billing statements? Do you offer payment by automatic bank draft?
Yes and yes. Just send us an email or give us a call. Monitoring is billed monthly, quarterly, semi-annually and annually. You can choose the frequency that best suits your financial situation. We also offer automatic bank draft services for the payment of your monitoring fees. If you would like to set up automatic payments, just contact us for the necessary form.
I need to change my pass code. How do I do this?
Send us an email or fax and we will take care of it. Once the change has been made in our system, we will send a return email or fax to confirm the changes.
What do the different buttons on my keypad do? (DSC Keypads)
- Stay – Press and hold this button for 2 seconds. This turns on the perimeter devices, such as your doors and windows, and not the interior devices, your motion detectors. This will allow you to move freely around inside your home or office with the perimeter secured. This will also allow you to have a large pet inside that may trip the motion detector with the system on.
- Away – Press and hold this button for 2 seconds. This turns on the entire system, both interior and perimeter, and allows you time to exit your home or office.
- Chime – Press and hold this button for 2 seconds. This will turn the chime feature on. Press and hold this button again for 2 seconds to turn the chime off. When the chime feature is active, the keypads will make a chime tone when a door or window is opened.
- Reset – Press and hold this button for 2 seconds. This will reset any smoke detector that is connected to the system.
- Exit – Press and hold this button for 2 seconds. This activates the exit mode, which will allow you to exit your home without turning the system off. This only works while the system is armed in the Stay Mode.
There are 3 pairs of buttons, or three single large buttons, on the right side of the keypad. Pressing both buttons, or the single large button, for 2 seconds activates this feature.
- The top pair of buttons sends a Fire Alarm signal to the central monitoring center.
- The middle pair of buttons sends a Medical Emergency signal to central monitoring center.
- The bottom pair of buttons sends a Police Emergency signal to central monitoring center.